VRAGEN EN GRAVEN / THE STORY IMAGINED
commissioned by the county Zuid-Holland
Six sketch designs for archaeological sites;
- ‘Collage’ Develstein. A castle in Zwijdrecht (Develsteincollege)
- A distorted pattern in the Battles of Graafland, a restructuring area in Groot-Ammers (Liesveld)
- Train / The Switch. A digging site under the Betuwelijn in Hardinxveld-Giessendam
- The Kaleidoscopic Landscape of De Horn. A housing construction site in Rijnsburg (Katwijk)
- A Roman castellum in Zwammerdam (institution for the mentally handicapped; De Bruggen)
- The never-ending connection between cultures. De Limesweg at the Wierickschans near Bodegraven.
An interdisciplinary design process between archaeology, the visual arts, and landscape architecture.
A period of ‘questioning and digging’ brought forth enough material to use as a basis for six beautiful stories.
The stories are represented in spatial plans and are also elaborated on in the book ‘Het Verhaal Verbeeld’, published by the county Zuid-Holland.
In collaboration with Marcel Eekhout PARKLAAN Landschapsarchitecten and Ivar Schute RAAP Archeologisch Adviesbureau.